Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Good Ol' Chicken & Dumplings

Well, its like this: I am no cook. I am not really what you would call domesticated per say...
So, when I find a recipe I can actually make its basically a miracle.
This is a fool proof recipe. I promise you can make this. 
My Nana shared this recipe with me and she is one amazing lady. 

Ok, were making Chicken & Dumplings yall!


... and were doing it the easy way. 

Ingredients: 
Flour 
Chicken Broth 
Canned Biscuits 
Water






Step 1: 
Get out your cutting board and your handy dandy rolling pin (this part makes you feel like a REAL cook) 

Put some flour on the board and open the biscuits and have them nearby. 


Now the part that makes you feel like a professional chef: Roll the biscuits flat. 


Step 2: 
Cut up the biscuits into little squares:


At this point I feel as though I am really cooking a really impressive meal. 


Step 3:
Open the can of Chicken Broth. 
Pour into a pot.
Add 1 cup of water. 


Step 4:
Add your little squares of flattened biscuits to the broth:


Step 5:
Cook on high. 
Stir often.
You will se the biscuits start to thicken up and when the biscuits are cooked, its done! 
(when in doubt, pull out a piece and cut it in half and see if it looks cooked or raw)




Thats it! Seriously, so perfect for fall and winter.
Try it!




No comments:

Post a Comment