Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cedar and Antlers.

So in true hoarder fashion, I have these big cedar slices I bought at a festival in Fayetteville, TN. I loved them then and I love them now. For about 5 years I thought that I needed to do something to them to preserve them and make sure they don't crack... Yeah. That never happened and then I realized I didn't care if they cracked. So I decided to throw caution to the wind and just do what I wanted! 

I painted the center of them black and hung them on the wall. I then mounted antlers on both cedar planks. I. Love. Them. 









And another part of our living room. My husband likes dark and manly spaces. We do not own our house so we couldn't paint the walls or anything so we just went with what we had. We wanted a big black statement to go in the living room. We had this amazing idea to buy two pieces of lightweight plywood paint the black and hang them on the wall. It turned out amazing! It really adds character! Th beautiful woodwork is from my grandmother (Moose), I think it came off a porch?? 
As for the many "things" on the shelves... Thats just a few of my lovely hoards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment