Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ugly Baby Toys.

Since my son (the adorable Wyman Wolf Runkel :) I have been searching for toys. Not just any toys. I want him to have toys that are visually interesting... but not ugly. This is hard- way harder than I would have imagined!! If I were a gazillion-are, it would be no problem. I am not a gazillion-are (I know, I know its hard to believe). So I have set out to re-purpose some things to get them more to my liking! 

Enter this ugly play-mat: (If you own this play-mat and love it- I'm sorry) 
Found: At Goodwill
Price: $3.99 





This mat was cheap and clean. We have a winner. I recovered the top with a fabric I have been hoarding for about 5 years now. I think its from Ikea. The bottom was in great shape and matched the fabric so I just added the fabric right to the top! I finished it off with navy bias tape. I then made a covering for the arm things in a dark denim. Ta-da! 





So yeah, pretty much I love the way it turned out! 





I also made some leather hanging things for fun! And yes, why yes that is spit-up rolling out WWR's mouth as I am taking this pic. Winning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment